So I bought Sadie a Halloween costume at the end of last season. So all I needed to do was get a costume for Allie. I shopped around to find the cheapest cute costume and the ones at Walmart were 19.95 so I totaled up how much it would cost and it was going to be about even to make one or buy one and mine would be better quality. So I set off to make Allie a Belle costume. I have literally spent the entire day sewing this costume. I carefully altered it so that it would fit allie. When I was finally done and ready to do the hem I tried to get Allie to try on the dress. She screamed and screamed. Yeah, it's still too big. I am going to have to take at least 5 inches off the bottom. So Sadie tried the dress on and of course it fits her great! So I am thinking of just leaving this costume and have Sadie wear it next year. So now I am back to the beginning: Allie doesn't have a costume. I don't want to cut off the hem for Allie and then not be able to get her to wear it on Halloween. What would you do?
myersfam5
9 years ago








4 comments:
The costume is very cute! You did a good job. I don't know what to tell you about the dilema though. Good luck on that one!
You are very talented. I wish I had that kind of ambition and talent. You could make something very simple like a butterfly or lady bug. Something that only requires one color for the outfit with accessories to go with. Good Luck!
Your girls are sooooo cute!!! Do you and your hubby still have your house in Coolige?
Well on your post, if you want my advice there are a couple things you can do! One, i just want to tell you how awesome you are at making that costume, wow, i can't believe you made that! It's so good!
Well i think you should not cut off the hem, you already did so much work and as you said you put a lot of work into it, but it's up to you if you want to put more time into it. Maybe it's best if you save it for next year, that way it will fit!
If you don't want to do that maybe your daughter will just wear it, personally i couldn't tell that it was too big, but if you save it you will always have a beautiful costume for next year!!!
Good Luck! Hey when you guys moving back here?
Why don't you just tack up the hem and then let it out next year. Trick or Treating is dark and no one will be able to tell if there is not 1/4 in seam on the bottom. It would make it appear like the balloon hems that are so popular right now anyway. Really great job. We miss you.
Post a Comment