Friday, November 16, 2007

Tagged

Okay, Christine tagged a couple weeks ago, but I didn't think I had any facts the everybody didn't already know. But here goes:

1. I am one test away from my Real Estate License. I was hired by Coldwell Banker Preferred. Many of you know how much Todd and I enjoy Real Estate so we decided that I should get my license as a way to continue to invest in real estate and to put Todd through dental school. I think he secretly wanted me to become his sugar momma and this was the best solution we could come up with. So I have to take the state tests around December 1st.

2. Although I am a communication degree I am absolutely deathly afraid of public speaking. I even took that class twice in college and it didn't help. My biggest fear is having to speak in Sacrament meeting. Luckily they asked me to speak the week I would be taking my test so I said I would be too busy. So they asked Todd to speak this Sunday instead.

3. I hate swimming in open water of any kind: rivers, lakes, & oceans. I prefer to be able to see what I am stepping on. Maybe I saw jaws too many times! So every time we have gone to the ocean Todd normally has to drag me out into the water. While this Raleigh I learned how much fun a boogie board (is that what it is?) can be. However I still stay as close to the beach as possible.

4. I make my own jewelry. I really love it. And I would like to think that I am good at it. This summer we also tried to sell some of it at a local farmers market. I ended up making $25 profit after spending 8 hours in the scourching sun. I decided it wasn't worth it and will just be my hobby.

5. I am a master baker of apple pie with a crumble top. My mother-in-law taught me how to make pie crust and ever since I have been perfecting the art. I know have to branch out into pumpkin and other types for the upcoming holidays. Maybe this year I will remember to put the egg in the pumpkin pie. Last years was a disaster!

3 comments:

Emily Ringel said...

I would love to get your apple pie recipe. I learned how to make pie crust in a class I took on campus during the summer. It was actually pretty easy compared to what I thought it would be. But I'm not sure I have a recipe for the apples or the topping.

Emily Ringel said...

Oh and what's the deal with the open water thing. I'm not sure I ever knew that about you. It never really bothered me until we were in Florida and Nate sliced his foot really bad on a shell walking in the water. After that I was afraid because I wante to see what I might be stepping on!

Melissa said...

You are SO domestic!! And yes, boogie boarding is the funnest ever!!